If your device is reported stolen then it will not work on any Networks in your country. (even if it is network unlocked)
To clean this Blacklist status to get your phone working on the network again Order the Service in the Menu at the top of this page.
If your iPhone is iCloud locked (Activation locked) then you still will not be able to access the phone even after cleaning the IMEI number.
- Find out Which Carrier actually reported it stolen (order our service called: Blacklist Checker Pro)
- If you want to use it on a different Network after cleaning it, then Check if it is already Network Unlocked or Activation locked (iCloud locked)
Is it Legal to clean an IMEI number?
An IMEI number stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity and is essentially the phone's serial number. It needs IMEI cleaning when it gets reported lost or stolen, otherwise known as blacklisted. IMEI cleaning is considered a gray area as there is no explicit laws prohibiting the Fixing or Cleaning IMEI numbers however it is always possible that laws can be changed. It is the customer's responsibility to check their local laws. If you are unsure of the updated laws and regulations where you live regarding IMEI cleaning then please check with your local law enforcement office or consult your state laws. If you can't prove the original ownership you're carrier may not want you to get your phone's IMEI status cleaned!
If you bought the phone second-hand or got it from a friend then you may not be sure If your device needs to be cleaned or not. The simple way to find out is to order our Blacklist Check service. Our Blacklist Checker will tell you which carrier reported it. You will need to know this to be able to order the correct IMEI cleaning service from us.
One of the telltale signs that your phone is blacklisted is every time you insert a SIM card it keeps searching for the network or won't connect to any network. if it does not work with a SIM card from any carrier even though the phone is network unlocked, this usually means the phone is blacklisted. You are better off spending a dollar or two and purchasing a Blacklist Checker, just to be sure.
If you discover that it definitely is locked, and not blacklisted then we can help you network unlock it also .
How does a phone's IMEI number get Blacklisted?
A phone's IMEI gets blacklisted when the owner calls their carrier and reports the phone as either lost or stolen. Sometimes we later find this lost phone and need to get the IMEI cleaned, or the thief sells the phone online and we need to clean the IMEI number in order to be able to use it again. Another common way that phone's end up on the blacklist is through insurance scams. Buyers pay for insurance on the phone protecting it against theft or accidental damage. They end up selling their phone and the insurance company gives them a brand new phone for free. Once the deal is done the seller reports it as lost or stolen so that they can claim their brand new free phone from the insurance company. The buyer of the second-hand phone gets the short end of the deal and gets stuck with a phone that is blacklisted and will not work on any network.
What's the Difference Between a Good or Bad ESN/IMEI? Lost or Stolen?
ESN stands for Electronic Serial number and it is just another way of saying IMEI number, so a Bad ESN is essentially an IMEI number that is in the blacklist. In the same way, an ESN check service is the same as an IMEI check service. An Android phone or an iPhone can have a bad ESN when the owner calls their carrier and reports the phone as either lost or stolen.
How to Tell if your Phone is Blacklisted?
*If the above is true then most probably your Phone's IMEI number has been blacklisted.
- Insert a SIM card into your phone
- Make sure you are in a good network coverage area.
- Your phone does not connect to any network
- Your Phone is continuously searching for a signal even though you know there is a strong signal where you are
Tips When Buying Used Phone's from Buy and Sell Groups Online
You should be careful before buying a used phone, even when buying from well-known market places like eBay you may still get stuck with a blacklisted phone if you are not cautious. Here are some must things to check before buying any used phone, whether online or in-person on sites like Craigslist or Kijiji etc.
- The first thing to do is to get the IMEI from the seller for the phone you want to buy. If they are not transparent enough to show you the IMEI number then you should stay far away from such sellers.
- Check If a Balance is owed with the original network or if it is completely paid off. If it is not paid off there is a chance that the telecom company will block the phone when the outstanding bills reach too high. You can often check this online at the telecom's website or via a chat request. You will only need the device's IMEI to check this.
- Where should you meet? If you meet in a random coffee shop then you are taking a risk. Once you have given them the money there is no way for you to contact them in the future if the phone later becomes blacklisted. Of course, they can easily block your phone number, and then you are out of luck. If you are meeting at a public place, then make sure to get a copy of their driver's license with their address on it. If it is an out of state address then that's also a warning sign. Sellers who are involved in these scams always meet at public places. If they offer to meet at their own personal residence, apartment or work place than you can be assured that they are not planning to scam you. If you must meet at a public place then insist you meet at a police station or the carrier store (like AT&T store, T-Mobile store, Rogers store, Bell store, Vodafone shop, or EE shop, etc.) If they are a scammer they will usually not want to meet at those places.
- What's the price of the phone. If the price is too good to be true it usually is. Make sure to be more suspicious when dealing with sellers offering unbelievable deals.
- Don't send payment online to people promising to ship your product. Especially never send the money using payment methods that are not refundable such as PayPal friends and Family, Email Money Transfer (EMT), Online interact, Western Union, Moneygram etc. These payment methods offer no buyer protection. Consider the money good as gone. Only send a payment online if it is to a trusted website that has positive reviews or recommended by others, even then, still make sure you are using PayPal or a credit card to ensure you have added protection.
Also check this video for more tips when buying online:
Troubleshooting your Network Connectivity Issues
Sometimes a phone may have network issues and you mistake it as blacklisted, if you are dealing with not registered on network message than it is not the same as being blacklisted. Try these steps out before assuming that it is.
- Do a factory reset.
- Remove your SIM card and the Re-insert it
- Power off your phone for 60 seconds and then turn it back on.
- Turn On Airplane mode for 15 seconds and then turn Off airplane mode
- If you are in a basement or poor coverage area go outside to an elevated area that is known to have good signal
- Make sure your SIM card has been activated
- Go to your Network settings and Swtich from CDMA Mode to GSM mode and vice-versa (if this option is available)
- Call your telecom company to see if your IMEI needs to be registered with them. (This is common for some CDMA carriers)
- Order a Blacklist Check service
Blacklisted IMEI Fix
In order to fix a blacklist IMEI number on a phone you need to be able to provide proof of ownership to the wireless company that had the phone put on the blacklist. We understand that this is not always possible, so alternatively you can place an order on our website and we can prove to the carrier that this phone is not lost or stolen. It usually takes a few days and then the IMEI will be removed from the blacklist. Once this is done successfully simply restart your phone and you will notice that it is able to connect to the network again.
Know the difference between IMEI Cleaning and IMEI repair services:
We offer 2 different types of Blacklist removal services.
One is an official IMEI Cleaning service where we remove your IMEI from the GSMA blacklist database, your phone will keep the same IMEI number and all models and brands are supported. This service goes according to the telecom company that reported your phone.
The second service is a IMEI repair service where we will physically change your phones IMEI number and create a new IMEI number that is not reported. For IMEI repairing only some models are supported and it doesn't matter which carrier reported it.
About the IMEI repair service:
it is a remote service meaning we will connect to your Windows Computer remotely (Mac OSX is not supported at this time).
You will need to plug in your phone into your computer and give us access. Once we are connected to your computer we will run software on your computer and change the IMEI on your phone.
With this service, we will change the IMEI number of your phone. The new IMEI number will not be blacklisted therefore you will be able to use your phone again.
What you will need for the IMEI repair service:
- PC with Windows XP or above (Mac not supported)
- Stable Internet Connection with a Minimum speed is 3Mbps
- Original Samsung USB cable compatible with your Phone.
- Software Download
- Patience and cooperation
Models Supported for IMEI repair services:
Samsung NOTE 20 ULTRA N986U / N981U
Samsung A10 ,A20 ,A30,A50 [ A102U, A205U,A305U ,A505U]
Samsung GALAXY FOLD F900U
Samsung JDM CPU NOW SUPPORTED / A01 , A11 , A21/
Samsung NOTE 20 ULTRA N986U / N981U
Samsung NOTE 8 N950U
Samsung NOTE 9 / N960U
Samsung S10,S10E, S 10 PLUS, S 10 5G , NOTE 10 ,NOTE 10 PLUS ,NOTE 10 PLUS 5G [N970U, N975U, N977U ,N976V,N976U]
Samsung S20 S20 PLUS S20 ULTRA [G980U G981U G986U ]
Samsung S7 / S7 EDGE /G930U/G935U
Samsung S8/S8 PLUS G950U/G955U
Samsung S9 / S9 PLUS G960U/G965U
Make sure the Model number is compatible and you select the correct service from the menu above.
Order IMEI cleaning Service for:
T-Mobile USA IMEI
AT&T USA IMEI
O2 UK IMEI
T-Mobile/ EE / Orange UK IMEI
Mexico AT&T IMEI
IMEI repair for Samsung S10/Note10/ FOLD/S20
IMEI repair for Samsung A10/A20/A30/A50
IMEI repair for Samsung Note8/Note9/S7/S8/S9
IMEI repair for Samsung NOTE 20 ULTRA