iCloud Must be Turned Off when you purchase or sell a used iPhone
You could have avoided all the problems that come with getting stuck with an iCloud locked phone by simply making sure you have turned this option OFF when selling your iPhone and also making sure it is OFF when buying a second hand iPhone.
Follow the following steps to turn off the Activation lock:
- Tap Settings > [your name].
- croll down and tap Sign Out.
- Enter your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off.
What to do if you buy or find an iPhone that is Activation locked [iCloud locked]
Now let's imagine the seller genuinely forgot to sign out of iCloud and you forgot to check. Now you can't use the iPhone you bought and the seller is unresponsive to your messages. With the IMEI number you can also check the database using our IMEI CHECKER service to see if Find My iPhone feature is turned OFF or not. If it's on, that leaves you with only a few options.
Screen Prompts: If you can access some features of the iPhone, it is possible the previous owner had left a message with their phone number to contact them.
Bypass the iCloud Lock: if you end up buying an iOS device with the iCloud lock on and can’t contact the original owner of the device, you will have no other option but to pay to remove the Activation lock from the device. It will require you to wait several days [up to several weeks, sometimes] and also spend some serious money.
How can I remove or Bypass the iCloud Activation on an iPhone
There are many websites that claim to successfully fix Activation Locked phones however a majority of them are scams [really]. They will take your money and say that the phone was reported stolen and then show you their websites fine print that you are not eligible for a refund from them. Word of caution, read the fine print carefully when dealing with such companies. I can't mention there names here but they have the words imei and iphone or official in their website address. They have paid posts on blogs all over the internet [and come up first on Google], it's a shame that it's so hard to get genuine reviews with integrity from "sponsored bloggers" these days. Sometimes you can find some accurate feedback about a company on Reddit. That's where I read about
iCloud removal Scams
When it comes to removing Activation Lock from an iOS device, you shouldn’t trust everyone. Anyone claiming to be able to do it for only $20 or even $40 is almost definitely a scam. We are paying our trustworthy suppliers up to one or two hundred dollars to get it removed. If it was so cheap then we would buy the $20 service too and maybe resell it for $25, but unfortunately their services are just scams.
What is the difference between Blacklisted and iCloud Clean or Lost
Being reported as blacklisted or not blacklisted (clean) is not the same thing as iCloud Lost or Clean. The blacklist status has to do with your carrier. If you report the phone as lost to the carrier then it will be on the national blacklist and no other carrier will allow it on their network. Whereas iCloud Lost or Clean has nothing to do with your carrier. This status means it was reported to Apple as lost and in the iCloud account it is marked as lost. They are 2 different things.
If you want to remove the iCloud account some services require the phone not to be reported lost in iCloud. How to find out? You will need to call Apple and ask them directly, If you want to avoid this then you can order our fifty cent service called "Apple iPhone - iCloud clean/lost check."
We can tell you within a few seconds or a couple minutes whether it is iCloud lost or Clean.
Steps to Follow when ordering the Activation lock bypass service from us: [Read Carefully]
Before ordering our service, You must place your iPhone in Restore Mode, then once we have e-mailed you that we have successfully removed the iCloud account and that "Find my iPhone" Feature is now OFF, you must restore your iPhone as a new phone using iTunes. Do not make a back up of the Activation locked phone and then restore from this back up. If you restore from this back up then the iCloud will NOT BE REMOVED!
Here are the steps to prepare your iPhone BEFORE placing an order with us:
Remember: Erase the iPhone and leave it in RECOVERY mode (you can power it OFF) until you get the message from us that we have successfully removed the iCloud account (FMI = OFF) , then only RESTORE the iPhone as a NEW PHONE. DO NOT RESTORE from a backup!
How to put your iPhone in recovery mode:
- Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
- If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
- While your device is connected, force restart it with these steps, but don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo, wait until the connect to iTunes screen appears:
- On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the connect to iTunes screen.
- On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see connect to iTunes screen.
- On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the connect to iTunes screen.
- When you see the option to Restore or Update, unplug your iPhone and leave it like this until the iCloud account has been removed by us. (in the meantime you can power it off).
- DO NOT SET UP YOUR DEVICE UNTIL WE HAVE CONTACTED YOU THAT WE HAVE REMOVED THE ICLOUD ACCOUNT SUCCESSFULLY.
With your order please uploaded a photo of the activation lock screen on our Facebook page here OR send it by email to us at info at canada unlocking dot com.
Also if you are looking to unlock your device, remember we are also experts in iPhone network unlocking. We can unlock your iPhone from many different carriers from around the world