Information on how to unlock your Sasktel mobile device.
Disclaimer: All third party brands and logos are the registered trademarks of their respected owners.
This website is neither affiliated nor part Sasktel Communications or any of the network operators / handset manufacturers detailed on our website.
Unlock your Sasktel Phone to use on another GSM Carrier.
100% Guaranteed & Lowest Price. We provide you with a Sasktel Unlock Code Fast and Easy.
To Unlock your Sasktel Phone You will need the following:
Your phone's IMEI number: It is your phone's identity, like a serial number or a fingerprint even. Most phones have a 15-digit number written in fine print on the back of the device. You can also find it by dialing *#06# into your phone's dialer app, or go to the settings and then the About Phone section.
A SIM card from a different carrier other than the original provider: A SIM card is how your device connects with your wireless provider. It is also worth noting that Rogers is the same network carrier as Fido, Bell is the same as Virgin Mobile.. If you change out one SIM card for another that uses the same network then usually you will not get the automatic unlock code prompt. Normally you can switch to these other carriers without the need to unlock your phone.
What is Unlocking?
Cellular phones are expensive technology. To help make them more affordable to new customers carriers like Bell, Rogers and Sasktel would commonly offset the cost by locking a phone to their network. Instead of paying $600 for a new phone, new customers could pay $0 down in exchange for agreeing to a 3-year contract which had the price of the phone built into the monthly payments. The phone was then 'locked' to the network so even if you ended the contract, the phone would not work with competing services; forcing you to buy a new phone.
Unlocking a wireless device lets your phone work on any network that has compatible technology.
Why Should I Unlock My Cell Phone?
There is usually no rush to unlock your smartphone. If you are happy with your current wireless provider (Sasktel) you can choose to leave your device locked. However If you do choose to move to another carrier later you'll still have the right to unlock your phone later on. However if you plan on going on a last minute vacation or trip out of the country where Sasktel is Roaming then you are usually better off unlocking your phone so that you can purcahse a local sim card and save on roaming fees. Don't get stuck with your phone asking for an unlock code when you are overseas, you may find it difficult to call back home and wait on hold incurring long distance charges. Your best bet is usually to get it over with an unlock your phone now.
Free Sasktel Unlocking (Sasktel)
In many cases it is possible to obtain an unlock code or an unlocking service for you device free of charge by calling Sasktel customer support directly by calling 1 306-543-1696 however if you are on a corporate plan or your account is not in good standing they may refuse to unlock it. For corporate accounts they are still charging an unlocking fee as of 2020. It is possible to Unlock Sasktel iphone free using this method.
Sasktel MOBILE Network Unlock Code
The Sasktel mobility network unlock code is usually 8 digits for Samsung phones, Motorola phones and Blackberry Phones. The unlock code is usually 16 digits for Huawei phones, LG Phones and HTC phones. A Sasktel unlock code generator is used to generate this unlock code needed to unlock your device. For Sasktel iPhones do not take unlock codes at at. They are unlocked over the air and the unlock is pushed through iCloud or iTunes server directly to your device remotely once the request has been accepted.
Sasktel Unlocking Instructions ( Unlocking Process ):
- Insert a non-supported SIM card into the device and turn it on by holding down the power button.
- The message “SIM Network unlock PIN” will appear. Enter the network lock code and press Unlock.
Note: the network lock code may be 8 or 16 digits long. If the first eight digits are all zeros, ignore them and enter the last eight digits.
- The message “Network unlock successful” will appear once the device has been unlocked.
Important note: you can attempt to unlock the device up to 10 times. After 10 failed attempts, your phone will be hardlocked
Unlock Sasktel iPhone X, 8, 7, 6, 6S, 5S, SE, 5C, 5 & 4S by IMEI ...
These iPhone models come locked when you purchased them directly from a retail outlet. However the newer iPhone models such as the iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro max come factory unlocked directly from Sasktel so there is usually no need to unlock them. In some cases carriers have begun to ship these Premium Phone models as locked to prevent theft. In that case the phone will automatically become unlocked once it is activated with a valid Sasktel sim card for the first time. If it doesn't get unlocked automatically then a request to unlock the device must be made.
Unlock iPhone Sasktel
To Unlock a Sasktel iPhone an official request has to be made to Apple through the carrier ( ie: Sasktel). Once it is approved the unlock is pushed over the air to your handset. Usually the end user is required to insert a sim card from a different carrier and then connect their iPhone to iTunes, click back up device (to prevent data loss) and then click Restore Device. Once these steps are followed a message in iTunes will display " Congratulations Your Phone has been Unlocked ". If you don't have a SIM card for your iPhone, you can connect your phone to iTunes, erase and restore it for your phone to unlock.
See Also APN settings for Sasktel
About Sasktel Mobility:
Sasktel Communications is a national telecommunications company in the province of Saskatchewan in Canada that offers a wide range of telecommunications services and products which includes internet, voice calls, video. Sasktel' wireless division, Sasktel Mobility, offers LTE and HSPA+ and a CDMA mobile phone network. Sasktel is a crown corporation owned by the provincial government
SaskTel shut down its CDMA network in July 2017. SaskTel also launched a new suite of smart home and home security products in conjunction with SecurTek and Alarm.com. In January 2013, SaskTel announced the launch of an LTE network in the Regina and Saskatoon areas, with plans to extend coverage into other major areas of the province by 2014. As of 2013, the company had recorded nearly 616,000 wireless subscribers and over 100,000 Max TV subscribers.
Questions & Answers:
How Do I unlock a Sasktel phone?
If you meet the unlock eligibility requirements than simply call Sasktel at 1 306-543-1696. If you do not meet the requirements then proceed to CanadaUnlocking.com website to order the unlock code for Sasktel carrier. Once you receive your sim network unlock pin simply restart your phone with a sim card from a different carrier inside and enter the provided code on your device when prompted.
Sasktel Unlocking Tips:
- Your unlocked Sasktel device may not work on Freedom mobile (formerly WIND) because of network compatibility issues. Check with the carrier you want to use it on if your phone is compatible or not.
- Follow the instructions carefully to unlock your Sasktel device. Note the master lock required an 8 digit unlock code or network pin or network code to complete the unlock. When the code is accepted you will be able to use the phone on other networks. Simply press and hold the power button to restart your device.
- For the Sony Xperia, Blackberry, LG and Nokia Lumia make sure your phone is not hardlocked or permanently locked (no attempts to enter the code is remaining).
- For a Samsung Unlock the phone may also require a master code (which we can provide). In this case 2 codes provided which will be the Defreeze and Network codes. If the phone is already unlocked the network lock digits are all zeros.
- Contact the CRTC to know your Canadian Wireless rights.
- For iPhone's we will send you a confirmation message that the phone is now unlocked. You will need to complete the unlock by connecting your iPhone to iTunes. In iTunes the message will be displayed " Your Phone is now Unlocked " meaning the attempt to unlock was successful . If you device is blacklisted you wont be able to use it in Canada or the USA even after unlocking.
- Be wary of most unlocking software that use remote unlock service to connect to your computer from thirdparty unlocking companies.
Unlock your phone safely and easily the correct way the first time with Canada Unlocking!
Our Sasktel unlock service is the best and most straight forward solution available on the internet. All you need to do is select the carrier that your Phone is locked to presently (from the drop down menu), and then enter your IMEI Number.
Most Popular Unlock Services:
Unlock for Sasktel Apple iPhone 11
Unlock Sasktel Huawei P20
Unlock for Sasktel Samsung Galaxy Note
Unlock for Sasktel Sony Xperia
Unlock for Sasktel Samsung Galaxy S3
Unlock for Sasktel LG G7 One
Unlock for Sasktel LG G8 ThinQ
Unlock for Sasktel Samsung Galaxy S6
* IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: Please select the network your Device is currently locked to. If it is not listed in the networks below. If you are not sure of your Network, please contact us first.
Also Please make sure your Samsung has been activated first with the Network it is currently locked to. (You must be able to access the home screen of your Samsung.