What do i need to know BEFORE Unlocking a Sony Phone:
- Make sure to Check That it is not stolen (it won't work on any network in North America if it is reported stolen, even if it is network unlocked)
- Make sure it is not ROOTED or Activation locked
- Make sure it asks for a SIM Network Unlock Pin automatically when you insert a SIM card from a different network.
- Make sure the counter is not Blocked
Warning: Before placing an order you need to check the Counter (Lock Status):
1. Power on the phone with a SIM Card from a different carrier
When it asks for NCK code, enter the first code we provided
If it says unlock unsuccessful, then Open the Dialer and enter the following sequence: *#*#7378423#*#*
2. A menu will appear.
3. Go to: SERVICE INFO
4. Go to: SIMLOCK
5. Check wher is X
6. If X is appears next to "NETWORK" and the value is not 0, then it means the phone can be unlocked. If it shows 0 then it means the phone is hardlocked and cannot be unlocked by codes.
* Only if the above is resolved, can you can safety proceed to unlock your Sony using our unlocking service.
Is it Legal to Unlock a Sony?
Unlocking your Sony is completely legal in all the Countries that we have checked however it is always possible that laws can be changed. If you are still financing the phone through your carrier then technically they still own the phone until you pay for it off completely. In that case you're carrier may not want you to unlock it for they fear you will run away to another carrier without actually paying the remaining balance owed on your Sony!
If you bought the Sony second-hand or got it from a friend then you may not be sure If your Sony is locked or not, the simple way to find out is to pop in a SIM card from a different Network. If it's locked, then the Sony won't work on that network. If it works then you can be sure that the Sony is unlocked and not blacklisted.
However if it does not work with a SIM card from a different carrier, this can also mean that it is blacklisted. You are better off spending a dollar or two and purchasing a Blacklist Checker, service just to be sure.
If you discover that it definitely is locked, and not blacklisted then we can help you network unlock it.
How to Unlock a Sony Phone [Xperia]:
*In some cases, to get Data & MMS to work on the new carrier you would need to update your APN settings.
- Insert a SIM card from a different carrier.
- A message on the phone will pop up automatically asking for a SIM Network Unlock Pin.
- Enter the Network unlock code (NCK) we have provided
- Restart your phone it is now factory unlocked!
More Sony unlocking troubleshooting steps are available!
Unlock Your Sony so that you can use it with other SIM cards from carriers around the World!
We are the #1 Phone Unlocking company in the USA, Canada, Spain, Mexico, UK, and Australia.
Some Good Reasons Why You Should Factory Unlock Your Sony
* If you are travelling, buy a local SIM to save on roaming fees
* Increases your Sony's resale value.
* Easily switch between SIM cards, without having to buy a new phone.
* Unlock your Sony easily without leaving your home.
* No complicated software, it is the same unlock method that Rogers, Bell and Telus use.
* There is absolutely no risk of damaging your phone by unlocking it.
* Very easy, no technical experience necessary.
* The phone is permanently unlocked, even after updates.
* Warranty will not be voided
* You do not have to send your Sony to somebody or have your Sony and your confidential data in the hands of a stranger.
* 100% Guaranteed to work or your money back!